Friday, April 25, 2008

April Catch Up...

WOW! It's been a busy month! I had no idea how adding a work night to my week and Josh beginning his class would make our busy schedules feel so much busier! I haven't blogged in FOREVER so this blog is to catch everyone up on what we have been up to this month of April!

First...as promised here is a picture of my kitchen table leg that Kate so elegantly painted (you can read about his in an earlier post):













It is still on there since I have had NO free time to get on my knees and scrub! I'm hoping when I finally get around to it, that it will come off! If not, it's hardly noticable unless you know about it. Hopefully none of my friends will get down under my table any time soon. That might be strange anyways...

Next, Josh has been giving Kate golf lessons. He went to Target and got here this nurf golf set and her very own golf shirt(not pictured here)! She loves to hit the balls, but doesn't quite get it just yet.


We also went out and played 9 holes with Jerrod, Kristi, and Cohen a few weeks ago and Kate did great! She rode the cart and got down every hole to play with the tee markers! We had a wonderful day out playing golf and plan to do it again soon! Josh also cut down an old putter of his and re-gripped it with a hot pink grip! It's so fun and Kate LOVES it! He is such a good daddy and she is such a daddy's girl! We might have a little Tiger Woods on our hands before long!




Mommy's Shoes!!! Kate loves to wear my shoes. She goes into my cloest thoughtout the day and selects random shoes to wear.

She comes out wearing them and then clicks them all around on the tile. She seems to pick out matching ones for the most part. I have a true girl on my hands...she LOVES shoes! I keep telling Josh that we are going to be in for it when she's gets a little older. As my sister says, "She is a true Miss Thang!"





We went to our first Rangers game of 2008 a couple of weeks ago. We had the suite (the only way to go with child in tow). We went with a group of friends and all of their kiddos! It was great weather and free ice cream day! Kate had so much fun playing with the cabinets in the suite. Her and friend, Rylee, kept laying in the shelves and saying "Night, Night!" It was so funny! Never mind the bag full of toys we brought to entertain them. Cabinets...that's all they wanted! Kate loved the ballpark music and danced to "Deep in the Heart of Texas" like I have never seen anyone dance! That song is so funny to watch her "bust a move" with...I'll have to take the camera next time!













Check out these HOT mama's! Yes...everyone in this picture is PREGO (except me!)!!





This is Kate's fav. way to watch Elmo! She flips her chair backwards and stands on the back. I think this means that she's creative, or it could just be that she's not sure how a chair works yet. I just think it's funny because she does this everytime she goes to watch a show!






Kate loves to help me cook...she especially loves to be our "Taste tester." She said this one was "yummy!" I agreed!

Lastly, A HERO'S WELCOME!!! Today we went to help welcome home a friend's husband. We met Melissa and her daughter Hailey (who is Kate's age) in the park and have played with them several times. Kate and Hailey have so much fun together. Her husband has been gone for about a year to Iraq serving our country and today he come home for good! The elementary schools were there to greet him as well as our neighborhood. The Mayor greeted him and we all applauded his service to our country. It was pretty emotional and I hardly even know him. It was a special event to be a part of! Kate liked the fire truck and all the lights! We had a great time!




















Ok...so that's April in nutshell! I hope to stay up on my blogging so that I don't have to play catch up next month!

3 comments:

Holly Green said...

I've been wondering why you haven't been blogging! Thanks for the update, but try to do it more than once a month!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. Wow, I am impressed with your return!

Sherry said...

YAY that Kristi is pregnant!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Please tell her congrats for me and that I will be praying for her.