Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kate's poor pointer...

Kate is definitely in that exploration phase of life right now. She wants to get her hands on everything...well, more specifically, just her right pointer finger. She reaches out her sweet little finger and touches flowers and bugs, or sometimes just pokes it right through her grilled cheese sandwich to watch it come out the other side. The problem occurs when she begins touching things that are harmful. Yesterday she reached out on her changing table and touched the light bulb, I had just turned it on, but it was hot and her finger turned red. We ran it under cold water and kissed several times and then it was all better. Today she stuck that same index finger in a door at school and the door shut with her finger caught inside. I got a call at work to come look at it ASAP because it looked pretty bad. We then went to the dr's office and sat in the waiting area of AN HOUR before being seen (and a lady in the waiting area told me that Kate was too old to have a passy...can you imagine saying that to a stranger in the waiting room...oh, the nerve). The x-ray came back perfect so the doctor said that it was not fractured or broken, just really bruised. Her poor little pointer is now burned and bruised and swollen...it breaks my heart! I plan to keep an VERY close eye on her in the next several weeks as I feel that we are entering the era of exploration and more dangers. It's just so hard to be a curious little one sometimes!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Got your text, don't rush me, I am working on it. I am all to aware that is has now been over a month since my last post. It is on my list of things to do, and I am slowing making my way down to it. Don't give up on me, I have some great posts in my head and great pics on my camera. Stay tuned.
Enjoyed catching up on your blogs. Not only have I not blogged, but I have not read them either. Love ya!

Holly Green said...

Poor Kate. Sorry to say that you have many more bumps and bruises coming your way! I can't believe that lady in the waiting room. People can be so rude sometimes! When she goes to kindergarten with that passy, then you can worry!

KerrisKorner said...

Amen...I love that kindergarden excuse! I should have said that to the lady yesterday. She did tell me that she doesn't have any children, but helps nanny a child. She'll learn one day...oh yes, one fine day!

Allison said...

Poor Kate! I hope her finger heals quickly!

Unknown said...

I will totally beat that lady up if you know where she lives. Ill stick a passy right up her butt.

The Morgans said...

poor kate and poor mommy!!!!