Monday, April 7, 2008

Splatter Paint...

I decided it was time for my Kate to have a little touch up on her pedi from a few weeks ago! She was sitting in her high chair so I snuck off to my bathroom and selected a nice bottle of HOT PINK polish to make her little toes twinkle with girly glamour! I started off on her right foot and decided that I wasn't a fan of this color on her after all, and ran back to my bathroom to get the polish remover, when I heard it...a loud crash (like glass breaking). I ran back into the kitchen to discover that not only were her toenails shiny with this "over-pink pink" but our brand new tile floors, kitchen table, and chairs were now all covered in it! I left the closed bottle of polish on her high chair (mommy mistake #872) and she thought she would practice her softball skill and throw it off! After an entire bottle of polish remover and a VERY SMELLY house (that smelled for days) I think I got it off of most everything. The pedistool leg of my new table still wears the art work of our little Picasso, but I think it's going to take some paint to just paint over it in time. All that to say, don't give an 18 month old a bottle of paint...even if it's closed! And I totally didn't think to get a picture for my blog...I'll try to get one of my table leg for a later post!

2 comments:

Holly Green said...

It's a learning process everyday! I am glad you sent me the link to your blog or I would have never known you had one!

TJPPPSmith said...

That is too funny! Paige pulled the stool across the kitchen to the junk drawer to take out the sharpie and color on the cabinets...