Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Never Too Old to Cheer!!!

Last week I got an email from one of our youth pastors asking if I could help out the youth group by putting together a stomp routine for them to do for promotion weekend this weekend. The cheerleader within me got really excited and then I rememberd that I'm in my late 20's and 4 months pregnant and too old to still be doing this stuff!

Needless to say, I went for it anyways and put together a really fun routine. I spent 3 hours on Sunday teaching 20 youth all the steps and putting it all together. The coolest part was how excited they all were about it and how fun it was to see them think that something I made up at this stage in my life is still cool.

Tonight they will do it for a youth leader meeting as a practice and then the big show will be this weekend. They get to do it on Sat. night and Sun. morning for both youth services.

I'll let you know how it goes...Josh, Kate and I will be there tonight to check it out!!

PS. Jennifer Kohl...if you read this can you leave me your blog address...I can't find it and keep wanting to check on you guys!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

allred-4 said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you had fun and I can't wait to hear an update about the performances!

Allison said...

I'm so excited! I will be there tonight and this weekend, so I will get to see it more than once. I feel like I know a celebrity, the choreographer!

The Watkins Family said...

Hey, I think when I leave comments it doesn't use the right identity or something, so our blog address is www.watkinsfam.blogspot.com. I got a flashback from middle school when I read your post. :)

Unknown said...

Ummmm. Where the heck are the pictures of you teaching it???? I am totally dying to see a record of the STOMP!

Holly Green said...

How fun! I am a little jealous that they asked you instead of me, but maybe next time I can bust out my old moves! Maybe I will swing by and watch!

TJPPPSmith said...

I cannot wait to see it! What fun!

georgia said...

That's right: Never too old to cheer! I like to freak Emil out and do cheers when he's cooking or grilling. Be Aggressive is a great stuck in traffic and not going anywhere for hours cheer :)