Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What's on your mind?

So one of my friends (Courtney) posted on her blog about random thoughts that stick in our heads. Thinks like:

the 50 states in Alphabetical order

"Friends, Romans, Country men, led me your ear...."

The electric guitar intro to 90210

Oldschool Amy Grant/NKOTB/Bon Jovi/Kiss

Or how about this one..

Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down And I’d like to take a minute just sit right there I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air In west philadelfia born and raised On the playground where I spent most of my days Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys said "we’re up in no good" Started making trouble in my neighbourhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared And said "you’re moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air"

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the Licensplate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air I pulled up to a house about seven or eight And I yelled to the cabby "yo, home smell you later" Looked at my kingdom I was finally thereTo settle my throne as the prince of bel-air

So do you ever get old random thing stuck in your head. How do our brains retain so much useless info. and then we can't remember what all we needed from the grocery store when we just checked few hours earlier. Can our brain become full? What random things do have sitting in your brain?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny, a few nights ago out of the blue I started singing the fresh prince theme song and Adam couldn't believe I knew all the words. I can't seem to remember the words to any current song. I always get them mixed up while singing to the girls. They are better than me with new praise songs. Yet I sure can recite any tv theme or movie song I watched as a kid. Guess my brain may be full, no room for the new. There's got to be a way to push out the useless and make more room for something else. But that sounds like a Scifi film.

TJPPPSmith said...

For some reason I remember birthdays of friends kids (cannot seam to remember the parent's birthdays) as well as how old they are. I guess it is a math thing for me...like me wanting Peyton on an even day not odd.

I also bought Parker a new bible a few months ago. It has 100 stories and came with 2 CDs with a song ofr each story. I cannot remember the last time I sang then, but I knew about 70% of them perfectly...go FBC Belton VBS

Holly Green said...

Thanks. Now that dumb song is going to be stuck in my head all day!