Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Beach and The 4th...

The post is me playing "catch up" after losing my chord that plugs my camera into my computer. For father's day we gave Josh a new "office" room in the house and in moving the computer desk and all the gear the cable was misplaced. I finally found it last night after a pretty intense search effort...YAY...now I can post the beach and the 4th of July!!


We took a family vacation this summer to the beach. This was our first official vacation since Kate was born 20 months ago. We figured we better get a move on before we have another new born next summer. We went down to Galveston and rented a house along with my sister and Jerrod and Cohen (their son). It was A BLAST...we did a lot, but had a lot of time to relax and take naps, thanks to having 2 toddlers along for the trip. We hit the beach every morning and the kids played 2-3 hours in the water and sand. Kate loved the sand, but wasn't too excited about the water. We went to Schlitterbahn one afternoon and the aquarium the next afternoon post naps...those are a MUST!! The house we rented was just from a google search, but it turned out PERFECT and we enjoyed watching the waves crashing in from the balcony of our sweet little find! Here are some pictures of our trip:










Now on the the 4th of July! We were invited down to Josh's parents to ride in the Belton City Parade in honor of his dad who is on the City Council. It was really fun and Kate enjoyed waving and saying "HI!" to everyone we passed by. She also was in a little parade at her school the day before we left. She got to march and shake a maraca (or an Ozarka bottle with beads in it). We had a fun trip. I didn't get any pictures of us watching the fireworks, but we went out to Fort Hood and sat very close to the cannon. It was GREAT and Kate officially fell asleep during all of the excitement. She wasn't too happy about the noise to begin with. It's amazing to me that my child can sleep through actual cannons booming near by, but I can't even wash the dishes when she is napping without waking her up...so strange! Here are pics of the 4th:



Photobucket




3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you go to get away. How fun for all of you. We were in Galveston last summer over the 4th. I had never be there before. It was a really fun place. Your pics are precious. Thanks for sharing. Love ya! Congrats to Josh too!!! Way to kick the LSAT's butt.

Katie said...

When you said Belton parade, I had no idea you guys were part of one of the best in the nation ... wow! That makes you a celebrity! And, I'm in love with Kate's ponytails!

Unknown said...

This looks so fun!! I am glad Josh (and you)are getting to have some fun after all the hard LSAT bid'ness!!