Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kate's Newest Hobby

Kate's Pappy and Meme bought her new craft table last week and she LOVES it! She has really taken an interest in coloring (well, scribbling) and painting so we thought it was time to get her her very own craft station. Here she is enjoying all the fun. Her FAV is the finger paint and we got a magnet board to hang all of her little "Masterpieces" on. She walks her paintings over to the board when she is done and then say's "more" and "sit" as she walks back to her table.

She is so fun to paint/color with, but the clean up is a big effort! I think I might try watercolors this week to see if that cuts down on the mess. Either way, she is enjoying her new found creative side!










Photobucket

6 comments:

Holly Green said...

That table is AWESOME, where did they get it? We need one of those!

TJPPPSmith said...

I love the table...it is HUGE!! Where did you get it? For the most I am not brave enough to finger paint inside. We do it outside and I hose the kids off when we are done. You are a brave one!

KerrisKorner said...

I got it at IKEA!! The base was in the children's section (it's 3 bins high) along with the bins and chairs. The table top was in the "build your own table" section. They had LOTS of fun table tops, but this one was closest to what I was looking for. Josh just attached them with an "L bracket" and there it is!! The entire thing with 3 chairs was only like $250 and well worth it! It is very sturdy and will last through years of toddlers/kids!

Anonymous said...

Kate's new art table is really cool! Alex and Emily would have a blast with something like that! I can't wait to see pics of all of Kate's new masterpieces! : )

The Watkins Family said...

Hey Kerri! It was good to hear from you. Kate is totally ADORABLE! When is her birthday? We must've had babies right about the same time....Addy was born Nov. 22. Congratulations on baby #2...are you going to find out what you're having? I would've never thought I would have two girls, especially coming from a family of all boys! I'm glad to see you're doing well...you didn't make it to the big reunion, did you? We moved to Iowa that week so I missed it...Anyway, I'm glad I'll get to keep up with you on your blog now! :)

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

It is really cute! Thanks for always commenting on my Card blog. :) You are a good friend. :)