Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Time to Potty Train



Let the FUN begin! Kate and I offically went and purchased the "big girl potty," "big girl" undies, Pull-Ups, Skittles, and some stickers yesterday. I'm going to pick a day next week and try using the potty all day. She LOVES to sit on it now (just like her daddy...haha), but I never pull her diaper down and let her go in it. She just sits for a minute and then likes to flush about 3 times...we'll work on water conservation next. I'm just going to sit her on the potty every 30 minutes all day long the first day while wearing the pull up and if it goes good, we'll try the undies the next day. I can't believe we're getting into all of this "big girl" stuff with my BABY!! She'll always be my baby no matter what! Last night I pulled out her new fun undies with monkeys all over them and Josh just walked out of the room and said he couldn't bear to look. She has just grown up too fast and this is yet another milestone! Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

If you do that for about three days, you should be good...I just put Aubrey in panties and spent three days in a row at home with her. Everytime she went potty, she got a "potty treat". She had a few accidents, but she learned really quickly because she didn't like being wet all over. I think your plan sounds great, good luck! :) We just went the other day to buy big girl panties for Addy, but I haven't fully committed to training her yet. :)

Unknown said...

Is that picture of Kate? That is sooo cute and it looks like her but it looks like its from a magazine!

TJPPPSmith said...

I pray it works for you...and Kate! That will be SO great and one less thing to worry about while you are pregnant.

It worked for Parker...I did the same with him, but I waited until after he was 2 1/2...he was not interested before then. I am planning to potty trian Paige before preschool starts in a few weeks...I plan on starting in 2 weeks. Wish us luck!