Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some Excitement

Ok...after "yeses" all around the board, I'm going to take the plunge and call this week for a cleaning lady! I have 2 friends who have told me about their person and I'm going to call both.

This weekend I worked a lot in my front flower bed! I love to garden and put together fun beds, and I like to change them with the season. Sometimes I just watch for the entrance of our neighborhood to change and I know it's time to change mine. I also watch what they put in the beds around the city to see what will grow good this time of year...I'm not a wiz at this stuff, but I'm learning!

One bit of excitement...on Saturday while enjoying some relaxing gardening, I looked down to find a snake coiled up right next to my leg! I jumped up so fast and when running and screaming. It was bad. Real bad. So bad, that people in cars driving by had to stop and ask if I was ok. One minivan full of women instruced me to go inside and get my husband to kill it. They came back by about 10 min. later to check on me. I'm still a little traumatized over it when I think about it. YUCK!!

So here are some picutes from my front bed (snake not included). It's not a lot, but a little color is good!
































Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was probably just a garden snake. they don't hurt you! I'm glad you had a good weekend though!

georgia said...

LOL! I can totally picture you running around screaming your poor little head off. What a way to ruin a lovely afternoon! Nice neighbors though...up here people go by faster if they think there's an "incident." :(

Pink Armchair Designs by Jenny said...

I have a friend whose son got bitten by a rattler this weekend. What's up with all the snakes?