Friday, September 12, 2008

Am I Brave or Crazy?

So in my nesting phase I have started to work on about 4 rooms all at the same time! We need to put the chair rail up in the powder room, the curtains/pillows need to be sewn for the living room, Kate's room needs to be painted, and baby girl's room needs to be painted/decorated. Meanwhile, our office (first room you see when you come in) is in HORRIBLE need of a makeover, but this tired momma doesn't quite have the time or energy to mess with it right now.

I have started reseaching all of the design shows like Divine Design, Design on a Dime, ect. and found out that you basically have to live in CA to get on any HGTV show. So I flipped to TLC's selection of shows that help people overhaul rooms and learned that Trading Spaces is looking for people, so I totally applied!!! My luck I'll end up with Heidi or Doug (both of whom I don't so much care for their taste), but I'm willing to risk it! That is, if we even make the cut!! I submitted our office and my friend Angie's playroom. We live a few blocks apart, but in the same neighborhood. I threw in there that we are both pregnant, I guess in hopes that we can score a few sympathy votes or something. I would never have Trading Spaces redo my bedroom because they always take our the ceiling fan and that is a MUST in Texas summers!


Photobucket

2 comments:

The Morgans said...

I have alwasy wanted to be on that show! I hope you make it!

Traci said...

I don't know that I could do that, but I think it's cool that you are going to give it a try! I hope you win..you are going to wear yourself out trying to do all these things!