Monday, January 14, 2008

Boys...

So my husband is wonderful, but here lately he is completely obsessed with this X-box game where he is fighting in a war. He wears this head set and talks to other people that are also online playing on his team...so random! One day I was at my sisters house and he was on playing with my brother-in-law and I grabbed the headset just to chat with him for a minute...that part was sort of fun!

Anyways, we were in the park this weekend and a group of middle school aged boys were playing a pretend war game in the park. They were throwing pretend grenades, shooting pretend guns and hiding behind trees and hills. They even made pretend sound effects when the grenades would have exploded… it was sort of funny! My husband just stopped and watched them and I had 2 thoughts. First, boys NEVER outgrow that adventure side. He is still doing this war thing, just in the comfort of our living room and with more sophisticated equipment. Second, I hope we have a boy one day because I could tell by looking at his eyes that he got a since of joy from seeing those boys do what he used to do. Sort of like I do when I think about Kate loving her cabbage patch dolls or wanting to carry a fancy purse full of pointless things just to fill it up. I think that we relate with our same sex children a little bit by remembering how certain toys or events made us feel.

I know that God's plan is the ultimate goal, and he may not have it in the cards for us to have a boy. I just hope we aren't 5 girls into it when we finally decide to surrender the idea of having a boy. Could you imagine all of those weddings?!?

3 comments:

Allison said...

It took my parents 4 girls to realize that God wasn't going to give them boys! However, they have been blessed with 5 grandsons!

Josh said...

Oh, we'll be AT LEAST 6 or 7 girls into it before I'm willing to call it quits, babe. I'll gladly cover the cost of the weddings...

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Now that is a sweet dad!!