Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mommy's Forever Friend

So my sweet little 14 month old is getting to the point where she wants to hold, drink, eat, touch, and play with EVERYTHING I pick up. I can't have my own anything anymore! I don't mind sharing everything I have with her (afterall, we did share a body for 9 months), but somethings are not baby safe. Things like a hot cup of coffee or a spicy burrito would not be pleasant for her, but you can't explain that to a crying baby who just wants a part of whatever mommy has. I've found myself hiding food, cell phones, remote controls, and more from her just to avoid an episode. I'm not sure if that makes me a bad mom, but either way it works! The "want game" can get a little tiring, but it became precious when I realized that one day I will not have anybody around who is begging to share my ice tea or bowl of cereal. One day nobody will care about playing with my cell phone or want to snag my bracelets and roll them up to her bicep. She is such a sweet little friend and I know that in her eyes all of mommy's "toys" seem extra cool. I really don't think I have anybody else in my life who looks at me the way she does and I shouldn't take that for granted. She is my sweet little doll and I know that everything about her, right down to her little attitude, is a blessing from the Lord.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Heck no, you are not a bad mom for hiding things. Sometimes we can't remember where I remote is b/c it is tucked in the pillows of the couch away from Judah.