Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Resolution

For my resolution for 2008 I am planning to be more intentional about small details. I have been in a whirlwind over the past year with trying to learn how to take care of Kate and the move. I feel like the dust if finally settling and I am inspired to do life a little differently. I want to take time to wrap presents for people I love, instead of just throwing it in a bag from my gift closet. I want to keep up a trendy haircut and buy makeup from somewhere besides Wal-Mart. I want to put laundry up right out of the dryer instead of piling it up on the guest bed. I want to keep my car cleaner and pick up all of the toys and food on a regular basis. I want Josh and I to go on a regular date night and be more intentional about getting out without Kate. I want to do better in my quiet time with the Lord...more prayer time and more time in the Word.

All in all, our lives were totally changed when we had Kate and I have really been neglecting myself and just doing things to get by. I want to do more than just get by and make life a little extra special. I'm not sure what all it means to make life "extra special" but I have a few ideas. I guess I just want my friends, family, Josh, Kate, and myself to be treated with more than just a "get by" attitude. I know there will be days that I just need to get by, but I'm hoping for the most part I can approach life with a new vision!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a lover of the blog!! It is SUCH a fun way to keep up with people and hear thoughts on what they are learning!! Yeah for your blog!! I will comment every time so it looks like you have a lot of friends! :)

Julie said...

I am joining you in the blog revolution! Your page is too cute. I really enjoy reaidng your thoughts, but I always think you have cute hair. :)