Sunday, February 3, 2008

Future Millionaire...maybe!?!

So Josh and I have been attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University (online that is). Josh's parents are true believers and have offered on several occasions to "put us through the school of Dave" and we finally decided to take them up on it. I think we put it off because we assumed it would be a total beating and make us feel completely poor and helpless, but it acually has done the opposite. We've realized that we have made a lot of common mistakes but nothing is irreversible in the world of money. So today I am telling you that according to ol' Dave, Josh and I can be MILLIONAIRS by the time we are 70! I know that sounds like it's just in time for us to need knee surgery, false teeth, and hearing aids, but at least we will be able to make a better future for our children and their children. So here's the deal...if you put $100 a month into a 12% return investment, after 40 years you will have $1,176,000.00. That's right OVER a million dollars...isn't that crazy! It just takes DISCIPLINE and CONSISTENCY according to Dave, but I think it just takes setting up an automatic draft. The crazy thing is that most of us have that extra money each month, it's just failing to plan what to do with it. So tomorrow starts today and when we are 70 we will be living "high on the hog" for not much effort on our part! Thanks Dave and if you haven't ever done his stuff I recommend it. We are doing the 14 week FPU class online. It's well worth the $100 and if we all do it, we can all be millionairs together...how fun would that be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh, I am so excited b/c we have been so empowered by Dave. Yeah, for millionaires!! We will join you when we are buying gold-plated wheelchairs!! ha ha just kidding!!

Anonymous said...

We are doing the class at the church right now. It is very exciting and encouraging. I hope we have the discipline to carry us through it! I know it will be tough to follow some of his suggestions, but I think the outcome will be more rewarding.