Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Sunday was my 28th birthday, and it just feels a whole lot like 27...pretty uneventful. The age might be boring, but my day was FAR FROM boring! Here are a few pics to show you some of my festivities:

Josh woke me up with a brand new pair of my favorite house shoes. I've blogged about these shoes in the past (that is HOW GREAT they are) and I have worn out my first pair until it's just embarrassing. They have no padding, a hole in the toe, and they sort of smell like gym shoes. Here I am bright and early with my new house shoes:














Next we got all ready and met Josh's fam at La Madeline for breakfast. Here is Kate all ready to leave (new backpack in tow) and also a pic of all of us girls hanging out!













Then we came back to the house with the Howards, Meme, Pappy, and Jess/Eli to play at the park. Josh baked me a cake and Kate helped him decorate it. She was also our official taste tester...she gave it 2 sticky thumbs up!!













Kate got a little carried away playing in the dirt and I had to get a picture...she loves to play in dirt. Maybe she will grow up to be a landscaper...she can start with my yard!



After all that dirt playin she was worn and took a good nap. Josh and I napped as well, which is a rare treat for us! When we all woke up, Josh and I took her to the park where we were suppose to meet my sister and Jerrod and Cohen to play. Needless to say they didn't show up and just said that they would meet up at our house to play instead. When we arrived home, Josh and I walked in to our house and "SURPRISE!!!!" our friends jumped out of all corners and I stood there shocked. It was my very own surprise party full of snacks, pizza, drinks, and 10 couple friends! We had SO MUCH FUN and I didn't even take ONE picture. Everyone hung out for a few hours and then they headed out and we put our very tired baby down for the night. She was worn out for our very eventful and exciting birthday day!! Josh and my sister did a GREAT job at planning my party and most importantly, keeping it a secret ALL WEEK!! It was so much fun and probably my best birthday party ever!

Josh's cake was the most delicious thing ever. It was strawberry (my favorite) with homemade butter cream icing. All of our friends were as impressed as I was at his mad cake baking skills and thought it was delicious. I am still eating on it today, but it's almost all gone and then I will have to wait until next year for another one. He made my birthday super special and I feel so blessed to have such a thoughtful and caring hubby...that's the best birthday gift of them all!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like the perfect day.

Lauren said...

So glad you had a great day! :) so excited to see you in a couple weeks at Easter! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

what a fun birthday!! you have a sneaky hubby and sister :)

The Morgans said...

Happy Birthday!! What a sweet husband and chef you have!!! :)

Anonymous said...

still in the certification program. i take one of my tests in april and the other after i have finished all of my coursework. i should finish all of my coursework by the end of may.

Unknown said...

I loved keeping that secret!! So fun, although I am sad I didn't get a taste of the cake. It probably better since I am trying to eat good, but it looked AMAZING. Nice job, Josh!!