Friday, March 7, 2008

Hold your baby...

We have some friends of friends who lost their baby this week to SIDS. Her name is Lilly and she was just over 3 months old. I am blogging on this becaues I am just so sad for the family as I can not even begin to imagine losing a baby. They just got her and now they are having to give her back to the Lord so suddenly. It really just breaks my heart. Here is Baby Lilly's Blog if you would like to see how beautiful she was and how proud her mom and dad were of her. It seems like Kate was just that age.
Since finding out about her death it has just reminded me how precious our children are and how we can take the time we have with them for granted. Kate was sick last week so got a little spoiled with being rocked to sleep, and we are having a difficult time transitioning her back into just going down without being rocked. This has all made it even more difficult because I just want to rock her. I hold her so close and just rock until she's sleeping soundly. Then I just pray over her and just enjoying being in that sweet moment with my little angel in my arms. They are just such a precious gift from heaven and in the hecticness of our schedules it is very east to forget to enjoy each little moment. This has all been a big reminder to hold them a little bit longer and soak up that moment whether it's a long snuggle, a short hug, or those sweet little slobbery kisses, they are all so special.

1 comments:

The Morgans said...

Thank you for sharing this post. I will keep them in my prayers..unimaginable!!