Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I just emailed OPRAH

My sister and I have been planning an Easter Egg hunt for Easter Sunday this year. We thought this would be a fun tradition to start with Kate and Cohen and their friends. I have really been looking forward to all the planning of this event, but I just got even more excited about it after watching Oprah's BIG GIVE from Sunday night. If you didn't get to see it, it comes on every Sunday and is SO GOOD! I had to send her an email!

Email that I just sent to Oprah:
"I am super inspiried to GIVE BIG! My sister and I have been planning an easter egg hunt for Sunday, March 23, 2008. After watching Oprah's BIG GIVE I am now determined to turn this into more than just an easter egg hunt. I am contacting local organizations that work with children in poverty to findout what needs we can meet. My plan is to have families who attend our easter egg hunt bring childrens shoes, clothes, books, ect. to donate to local shelters or hospitals. My vision for this hunt is for it to grow and grow into an event that is used to bless others and give back. This is our first year and with over 25 families planning to attend I am excited to see where it goes. We are going to have lots of children and over 500 eggs, but my true hope is that we are able to give back in a way that we can not even measure! I just wanted to say Thank You for inspiring me to GIVE BIG!!"

Also, (one of our pastors at Lakepointe) Wes Hamilton was challenging everyone to start an easter tradition and I think this could be a great one! Easter is about giving because it is the celebration of the ultimate gift ever given...Christ life. I want Kate and Cohen and their friends to have a fun tradition that is centered around giving when it comes to easter. I think this is a neat place to start! I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go girl! what an amazing tradition and vision. You are teaching your children so much while making a beautiful and special memory for them. thanks for fixing your wallpaper. I love being able to read everything again.

Unknown said...

Way to go!! Yeah!!
PS- can I be one of the needy families that you give stuff to? Ha ha- kidding!!