Monday, January 12, 2009

Final Count Down

Wow...I haven't blogged in quite a while...I guess that just represents how busy things have been and how tired I've felt during my down time. I am 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant today! My doctor has decided to move up my c-section to NEXT WEEK...either Thursday or Friday. I'm trying to take it in that this is my last full week before life gets really crazy again!

Things I'm being intentional about this week:

Spending lots of time with Kate...just that fun one-on-one mommy/Kate time that we are both so spoiled with...she's so fun and makes my days so bright!

Soaking in what it feels like to be pregnant, or at least the positives of being pregnant. I'm not one that LOVES pregnancy, but even I can appreciate the miracle of having those tiny elbows and feet rolling around inside of me. I won't feel this again for a long time, and maybe not ever again, so I want to be sure I don't take it for granted.

Spending quality time with my wonderful hubby and going on dates. I remember that after Kate was born we were both so worn out that our marriage sort of went back burner for about 8 weeks. We are normally great communicators, but with rotating shifts around the baby's schedule we were on opposite schedules for several weeks. We know that we just have to give ourselves some grace those first 8-10 weeks and be secure in our marriage, knowing that this difficult season will pass, and we will spend quality couple time together again one day!

Appreciating a full night's sleep. My sleep may not be perfect right now, seeing as how I can't get comfortable and my legs go numb, but at least I'm not up every 2-3 hours for a hour at the time. I am going to soak up the night of 6-8 hours of deep sleep that I get right now!

Lastly, I am taking FULL ADVANTAGE of this nesting feeling! I know I won't be this motivated to clean out all the junk drawers, organize all the piles in the office, and sort through my t-shirt drawers once Elle arrives! I am in a place right now where cleaning out stuff feels exciting and I almost can't help myself...this is SO not the normal me. I plan to use this "gift" to the fullest over the next 2 weeks...after all, she can't possibly come into a home with junky drawers and piles of old magazines, right?!?

So we're in the home stretch...I can see the light at the end, and I'm really excited about holding my sweet baby girl in less than 2 weeks! It's going to be SO DIFFERENT having 2, but I'm looking forward to the weeks ahead!

6 comments:

Katie said...

It's so close! We can't wait to meet Elle!

Lauren said...

so excited for you! missed seeing you over the break, but i'm sure it was crazy for yall! :) love you friend and you are going to be such a great mommy to 2! hopefully we can catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Aw I'm excited for you! That's such a special time I'm sure!

Thanks for everything Kerri...
Ali

Allena said...

Can we PLEASE get a belly picture?!?!

The Morgans said...

We are praying for ya'll. Can't wait to see her!!!

The Watkins Family said...

Good luck with everything! It's so exciting. Having two is hard work, but I think it was harder going from zero to one kid rather than one to two. In response to your question, I took the GRE because I'm applying to grad school for school counseling. Figured I would want to go back to work someday, but I really don't want to go back to the classroom. :) Well, get some rest before the big day!